Monday, November 3, 2008

Storm Front


Very, veeeeeeery entertaining :]

"My name is Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden. Conjure by it at your own risk. When things get strange, when what goes bump in the night flicks on the lights, when no one else can help you, give me a call.
I'm in the book."

I know I'm sad to be posting about a book... But it's funny - and good :]

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I just thought of something.

Now I know why Su reads romance novels...
HEE HEE thats what we were discussing that day. When Su was supposed to be doing 'Malay test papers' hahaha ;) LEMON!
I read it for the story. And not all books have lemon okayyy. I'm not that bad.
Now, THAT I must agree. Girls read romance novels for the story. >.<... We're crazy, but not perpetually and mortally insane.


Jeanson used to keep asking me to read this book, which I refuse to because apparently I write like the guy, my main character sounds, apparently, like a 17-year-old Harry Dresden (but probably a less cool, Asian version) and the way I write about magic and stuff is pretty similar...

If I read that book, I will probably throw my arms into the air and faint. Haha. Because I don't think that I'd ever be as good as what people have said about this? :] And if I end up not liking it, I'll probably get insulted and never speak to Jeanson again. So no thanks, I'll pass. Not until I finish an epic masterpiece I think? *no wait that will probably never happen, screw that*



Lol epic masterpiece, for me, means Steven Erikson's the Malazan Book of the Fallen. Starting with Gardens of the Moon.

What's it about? The title sounds pretty good already. I'm pretty hard to please with fantasy though; a lot of the writers TRY to be too epic and then I get bored. Neil Gaiman is one of the few writers I like. Terry Pratchett, too. Heck I couldn't even swallow the Belgariad.



Belgariad sucks balls.

OMFG PANIT THANK YOU. YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE WANT TO KILL ME BECAUSE I COULDN'T GET PAST THE FIRST HALF WITHOUT DYING OF BOREDOM. SAME WITH ERAGON. I ******* HATE ERAGON.

I finished the entire four book tetralogy... But yeah it sucked. I've read Eragon and Eldest, but I doubt I'll ever bring myself to read Brisingr... Or Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows :P Sorry not into fan-fiction.

... YOU INSULT HARRY POTTER? *cries* :]

Fantasy, particularly high fantasy, for me means:
A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin (first book A Game of Thrones)
Malazan book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson (Gardens of the Moon)
The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan RIP (The Eye of the World)
The Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb (Assassin's Apprentice)
The Gentlemen Bastard Sequence (The Lies of Locke Lamora)


And currently on trial right now are the Dragonriders of Pern (Dragonflight) by Anne MacCaffrey and The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant (Lord Foul's Bane).


Lastly, for something rather different and short, sweet read, there's Lud-in-the-Mist Hope Mirrlees.

No comments: